We are no longer making any appointments for our private patient services due to resource being allocated to other areas during this period of uncertainty. We would still be happy to take your call and we can keep your details in order to send you confirmation once our services resume to normal.
Private treatments that won’t break the bank.
Self Pay from Care UK is all about providing you flexible options and giving you choice. If you want to pay for your own treatments, don’t have private medical insurance or if you have been told you are not eligible for NHS surgery, we offer an alternative way of quickly accessing excellent care that costs less than you think. With prices up to 30% less than other private hospitals, high quality consultant-delivered care and 0% finance option, our Self Pay packages are just what you need to get back on your feet.
To learn more about paying for yourself, complete the contact form or call our dedicated Private Patient Sales Advisors on
0330 058 1804
Benefits of choosing Self Pay at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre:
- 0% finance option
- No deposit required
- Transparent prices
- No hidden costs
- Consultant-led care
- CQC Rating ‘Outstanding’
Where to find Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre:
Reasons to pay for yourself:
Self Pay is the perfect option if you require hospital treatment but fall into any of the below categories:
- You are not eligible for NHS-funded care
- You don’t have private medical insurance
- You would like to be treated at a more convenient time of your choosing
Are you or your loved ones suitable for treatment? Click below to view our criteria and to find out if you can be treated at our Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre.
Safe criteria for treatment:
Patients that do not meet the safe criteria for treatment are not suitable for surgery at Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre:
- The patient has a Body Mass Index of 40 or less for general anaesthetic, or 45 or less for local anaesthetic (under 160 kgs and able to transfer independently)
- The patient must be aged 18 years or over
- The patient must not be pregnant
- The patient must not have a suspected cancer
- The patient does not require complex rehabilitation or have a chronic disease that would require immediate post-operative care in an ITU
- The patient does not have renal failure or have had a cardiac arrest or cardiac intervention (e.g. insertions of stents) in the last six months
- The patient does not have a cardiac pacemaker in-situ (excluding endoscopy and cataract procedures)
- The patient does not have had a CVA/TIA/MI in the last 6 months
- The patient does not have poorly controlled co-morbidities (ASA 3)
Patients with sickle cell anaemia will be assessed on an individual basis.
As long as the condition is managed, and the patient is stable upon admission for treatment, we can accept patients with:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High blood pressure
- Parkinson’s Disease
6 simple steps to get back on track:
Get in touch with us
Our friendly team is on hand to answer any questions you might have, and explain our self pay solution to you before you start. We’ll make sure you have all the information you need.
Get your referral
Before you come to see us, speak to your GP or other healthcare professional (dentist, optometrist or physio, for example) and ask for an open referral letter.
Book your appointment
Once you have decided you would like to pay for your treatment, we can arrange your first consultation. Our initial consultation fee is £95.
Meet your consultant
Your specialist will discuss treatment options with you and explain any diagnostic tests you might need as part of your individual care package.
Book your treatment
You will be given a surgery time with very little wait. Payment is made before you start your treatment.
Get your life back on track
We’ll take care of the rest, leaving you to focus on treatment and recovery while our professional medical teams deliver your personalised care.
Do you have private medical insurance?
Contact your insurer for more information about being treated by us. Learn more.